History

 

The Life and Work

of the

Hopewell Presbyterian Church

1778 - 2003

Two years after the signing of the Declaration of Independence, Hopewell Church came into being. Its history began with the purchase of two acres of land on April 14, 1778. The deed to this property, still persevered among the documents belonging to the Trustees, was given by "James Huey of the Precinct of Hanover, in the County of Ulster and State of New York, yeoman of the first part, to John Craig of the Precinct of Mamakating and William Cross, Abraham Caldwell, and Robert Thompson of the Precinct of Hanover, parties of the second part, being all of the County of Ulster and State of New York."

 

 

[Home] [Members] [History] [Links][Contact Us]

Copyright (c) 2008 Hopewell Presbyterian Church. All rights reserved.